Ten Fingers and Ten Toes: Applying Machinery Safety Principles in a Process Plant
top of page
Acronyms & Terms Glossary
Alarm Rationalization is the process of optimizing alarms at a facility, inhibiting alarm floods, and ensuring alarms perform their function as intended.
Both IEC 62682 and ISA/ANSI 18.2 define the requirements for a sustainable Alarm Management Lifecycle. One of the most resource intensive steps in this lifecycle is the documentation and rationalization of potential alarms.
aeSolutions' integrated approach can supply expertise for all stages of the alarm management lifecycle specializing in:
- Philosophy development
- Gap assessment of current alarm philosophy
- Alarm management and rationalization training
- Facilitation of alarm rationalizations
- Including our alarm rationalization tool, aeAlarm™
- Alarm management program gap assessment
bottom of page